For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Transaction Network Services (UK) Limited of 5 Europa View, Sheffield, Business Park, Sheffield, South Yorks, S9 1XH (TNS, we or us).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.tnsi.com (our site). We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and quality control purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may, depending on which parts of the site you access, obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and recognise you when you return to our site.
In addition, Google utilises and implements certain tracking cookies which store information in an anonymised form. Information regarding the use of such cookies can be found at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html and www.google.co.uk/intl/en/privacypolicy.html. You may opt out of Google analytics at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions are encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password we have given you with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (including but not limited to services to which you need to login), when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post and telephone.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If TNS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered office.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.