The PCI Security Standards Council Participating Organization logo is a trademark or service mark of The PCI Security Standards Council in the United States and in other countries.
If you wish to have a copy of our PCI DSS confirmation sent to you, please complete the form below.
PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Security of cardholder data has become one of the biggest issues facing the payment card industry. PCI DSS is a set of regulations developed jointly by the leading card schemes to prevent cardholder data theft and to help combat credit card fraud.
The key requirements of PCI DSS are:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
• Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
• Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect Cardholder Data
• Protect stored cardholder data
• Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
• Use and regularly update anti-virus software
• Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
• Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
• Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
• Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
• Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
• Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
• Maintain a policy that addresses information security
To learn more about PCI DSS, please visit http://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/
Compliance with PCI DSS is mandatory for any organization that stores, transmits or processes payment card transactions. TNS is a PCI DSS certified service provider. Read a summary of TNS' PCI DSS compliance status.
Featured IssuePCI Article in association with Retail Systems Magazine
Download a copy of our latest article on PCI compliance